Street attacks are common place these days. No one is immune to them; even you with all your self defence training are as susceptible as anyone else.
You can be as careful as you want to be, you can give of as much confidence as you want but ultimately,
things do often happen that are out of your control. Being attacked for whatever reason is one of those things. Rarely if ever does someone go through their entire lives without having at least one violent encounter on the street. If it happens, why shouldn't you be prepared, mentally as well as physically?
Defending yourself against a wrong doer who means you serious harm is not only the right thing to do, it is also the morally superior thing to do. This person has gone out of their way to inflict harm on you for no good reason.
As I see it, you owe it to yourself and to your fellow decent human beings to give back the same amount of harmful intent as you are receiving and to do so with as much ruthless efficiency as you can muster.
With these things in mind, here are twenty things you need to know about street attacks and how to survive them as intact as possible.
1. They happen fast and when you least expect it.
2. If attacked, you will most likely get hurt.
3. Fighting is not pretty.
4. The chances are high that you will have to defend against more than one attacker.
5. If you want to survive you will have to hit back.
6. You will feel fear- learn how to deal with it.
7. You will have to focus to survive.
8. You will have to react very quickly.
9. Your physical response must be fuelled by self-preservation- feelings don't come into it.
10. Most likely no one will help you.
11. The police will not come and help you.
12. The law will be against you.
13. To stand the best chance, you must be able to control the distance between you and your attacker.
14. Never go to the ground unless you really have to because...
15. You never know who else is going to come along and attack you.
16. Always assume your attacker has a weapon, especially a knife, so you won't get caught unaware.
17. Be aggressive- sheep don't beat wolves.
18. Do what you have to do to survive the attack- better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
19. Don't be afraid to use your surroundings to your advantage- use the walls, the concrete floor, anything you can use as a weapon and that will quickly damage an attacker.
20. Your attacker will dictate when the attack is over, not you.
Why let someone else dictate your chances of survival? It is up to you to be prepared for such a situation and to control it when it happens.
Your life may depend on it.
Click here to get your completely FREE Combatives Drills e-book containing over 40 different drills that are guaranteed to accelerate your self defence training!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Neal_Martin